Antique Boat Show & Vintage Festival
Events, Spotlights & Updates
Take a stroll back in time and join us on Friday & Saturday, August 18th & 19th for the Antique Boat and Vintage Show in Port Sanilac. Our annual festival features a wide array of antique and classic boats. These beautiful wood boats must be seen in person to appreciate the craftsmanship! Port Sanilac, the First Harbor of Refuge, offers the perfect setting for our annual show. A display of model boats will also be on site just outside the Harbor Office, presented by the Model Boat Club. If the weather permits, some of the models will be launched in the marina!
This year, as in the past, we are pleased to have the participation of the Tin Can Tourists who will be setting up their unique campers in the Harbor Park, adjacent to the Port Sanilac marina. Many hours of tender loving care have gone into the restoration of these classic campers, which are open for viewing by the public.
Classic cars will also be featured this year, bringing another element to our vintage show that everyone enjoys. They will be set up for viewing up and down Main Street.
As in the past, food vendors will be set up near the Harbor Park. Port Sanilac also has a variety of casual dining establishments for your pleasure.
Our vintage festival would not be complete without classic 50’s and 60’s tunes! We are pleased to have Middle Age Crazy performing during the afternoon on Saturday, and Dennis band Sock Hop will be rockin’ and rollin’ starting at 7 p.m.
If you happen to be in town on Friday night, please join us for a relaxing Casino Night event at the Blue Water Sports Bar, just a couple blocks up from the harbor on Ridge Street. Tickets are $10 per person or $15 per couple. It’s a nice time to mingle with some of the vintage festival participants, and try your hand at Black Jack or the roulette wheel just for fun! We look forward to seeing you there!
- 1 pm: Registration Opens (located at the Harbor Park Gazebo area)
- 6 pm: Boat Viewing - Boats are in the water and on land - be sure to view both!
- 6 pm: Tin Can Tourist- "Light up the Night" Sneak Peak Walking Tour
- 6 - 10 pm: Captains Reception and Casino Night (Trailer and Boat Owners) Located at the Blue Water Sports Bar
- 8 am: Breakfast by Bake Krazy Bakery (pastries, donuts and more in Harbor Park)
- 9 am: Registration Opens (located at the Harbor Park)
- 9 - 3 pm: Classic Cars (on Main Street)
- 9 - 5 pm: Model Boat Display
- 9 - 5 pm: Vintage Travel Trailer Display (ever want to travel back in time? This is the way!)
- 11 am: Food Vendors (enjoy a wide variety of vendors to capture your taste buds along the street)
- 1 - 4 pm: Band (Middle Aged Crazies)
- 2 pm: Ballots due @ Registration
- 4 pm: Award Ceremony for all Classes (Sponsored by the Blue Water Sports Bar & Grill)
- 6 pm: Bonfire with Hot dogs & Smores (Beach North of Harbor Masters Office)
- 7 pm: Band ( Dennis Sock Hop)
Events, Spotlights & Updates
Activities for those that love the combination of “varnish,” “sunshine,” “water,” and vintage memories! The Annual Port Sanilac Antique Boat Show is a two-day event filled with mahogany, teak, chrome, and other vintage specialties. Come view the boat displays on land and in the wide-open blue water of Lake Huron. Vintage motorcycles line the street…
August 13, 2016 Location: Port Sanilac Harbor Park The Antique Boat Show & Vintage Festival is an event displaying wooden-hulled and classic boats from Michigan and Ontario along with classic trailers and motor coaches from the Tin Can Tourists (TCT) group from Port Sanilac The festival will be the same weekend of the Antique Yard Sale…