Latitude 43º 25′ 48″ N – Longitude 82º 32′ 04″ W
Port Sanilac has a premier harbor with a variety of dockage and services available.
Port Sanilac Harbor is sponsored by the Michigan State Waterways Commission and located 30 miles North of the St. Clair River at Port Huron. The entrance to the man-made harbor is marked with lights on the ends of the breakwaters.
This harbor is also located in the Sanilac Shores Underwater Preserve with many popular scuba diving sites nearby.
There is a public park, playground, grilles, picnic tables and a Dog Run at this harbor. This is a very well maintained harbor with excellent facilities.
The Secretary of the Army approved construction of this harbor on March 22, 1948 with local cooperation being furnished by the Michigan State Waterways Commission.
Improvements at that time consisted of a harbor basin protected by two breakwaters and was completed by 1951.
This provided a good shelter for the smaller pleasure craft traveling the shoreline.